Friday, April 23, 2010

What I Miss Today:

Well the FFA Convention is either over, or ending, right now.  I wish I was there so bad!  Seeing these pictures Rayne posted on Facebook made me really think about the convention...it feels like it didn't happen, because I've been here worrying about school instead of running around the depot and feeling like I'm going to explode from stress.

Man, I love FFA so much!  Just seeing all these guys in their FFA jackets, that I've gotten to know and love, fills me with a sense of...I don't know what....pride?  People say we're from Alaska, there isn't agriculture here, etc. but I know these kids and I know what they're capable of, and I know the FFA program can bring out their leadership potential.

Ah!  I miss Alaska.  I think I'm just going to start a new leadership book and then go to bed, try to keep my mind off of things.  Only 2 weeks left until I'm home!

--Rachel

Oh wait!  PS, guess what?  I've done another
50 Hours! 
of study as of Thursday!  That's 150 altogether.  It seems like it's taken a long time, and it has taken 7 weeks...but hey, it's something to celebrate.  I think I'm going out to lunch with my dorm mates at the Indian Oven to "celebrate life" tomorrow, and this 50 hours is something on my list to celebrate!  50 hours closer to my goal of 500...here I come...


PPS- Mom just texted me and said Palmer won the Parli Pro contest!  Awesome job guys, I can't wait to practice with you this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment