Thursday, April 8, 2010

Still Hating, Playing Dress Up, Altruistic, Changing Up the Study Routine

Hey guys,

For the record, I still hate working out.  I know I need to be healthy, I know I need to take care of my body, nd I know that requires exercise, but I still hate it!  I'm trying to amend my goal a little though.  My goal before was to work out 3 times a week, an hour each time.  I think for me, it might be better to say I'd like to exercise 2 hours a week, either by going to a forty-five minute class three times, or working out for a half hour four times.  Anyway, I'm making progress, even if I don't reach my goal every week.  It's better than not working out at all.

All right, here's another make-up attempt.  Green eyeliner, brown eyeshadow and mascara.  I wouldn't do my hair like this for National Office obviously, but I like to do it now, even though I've been told it makes me look like an anime character. :)

By the way, today's word is altruistic.  I first heard this word in the movie adaptation of "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas," doesn't it sound like a Dr. Suess word?  It's an adjective which means unselfishly concerned for or devoted to the welfare of others, as in:  Giving blood at a blood drive is an altruistic thing to do. (which is what I did on Monday, by the way.  :)  My arm makes me look like I've been shooting up drugs, but I sure was altruistic!) 


This week I've been doing less studying of FFA while I focus on finishing up school.  The study I have been doing is more reading and studying about myself and blogging.  I think that really is more helpful for me.  This summer I'm thinking of just dedicating a day to work on memorizing facts, and the rest of the week to studying myself.


Have a happy Friday tomorrow,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment