Thursday, April 29, 2010

Presenting With Pizzazz: Chapter Three

Chapter Three: Tell It With Stories

I love telling stories.  Communication is one of my strengths, and I see it in story telling.  I live a rather awkward life, so I have a lot of funny experiences to talk about.  But let me just quote from the book:

"Your story needs to be your own.  When you speak from your own experience, you speak with passion and the story carries more fire and feeling."
"What is most personal is most universal."
"If you do quote someone else's story be sure to give that person full credit for it- always!  It really is wiser- and a much better learning experience- to use your own stories from your own life experiences."
"Go ahead and ham your stories up.  Using your voice, your body, and your face as instruments to tell the stories will help keep your audiences entertained.  More importantly, your audiences will remember your stories- and the important information you're illustrating- far longer with a little dramatization."
At the end of the chapter it suggests brainstorming interesting, crazy, poignant, or funny things that have happened in your life and writing them down.  I've been making a list of these for a while, and what points I could make about them, and I'm going to add them to the blog as I write them down.

Peace,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment