Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Presenting With Pizzazz: Chapters Eight and Nine

Chapter Eight: You Master What You Teach
That's...pretty obvious.  If you want people to learn they need to teach others.

Chapter Nine: Be the 'Guide on the Side' Not the 'Sage on the Stage'
I need to remember,
"It's my business as a trainer to get my training participants focused on themselves and their own learning as quickly as possible."
I had never really though too much about keeping my ego in check during workshops, but it makes sense!  The workshop is not "look at me, look how cool I am," it's "look at you and what you can learn
"I am the guide who creates the learning experience and then steps back to let the learners take over."
 The book challenges me to include a learning activity for participants to focus on themselves for a few minutes the next time I give a keynote or present a workshop- and I plan to.

Happy Tuesday,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment