Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Adjusting...

I am adjusting to a new schedule of working part-time and studying part-time.  At present I am feeling a little overwhelmed with how much I have to do to study, and a little nervous about starting to write my speech for the Rotary club in a few weeks.  So I thought to ease into things, I would tell you all about what I learned last Wednesday.

Although I didn't exactly follow my summer schedule last week (mostly  because of a reception that went on Saturday night and all the prep work involved) I still got quite a bit of studying done from reading on the airplane and attending a CTSO meeting with my state advisor, Jeff Werner.

I was worried that the CTSO meeting would end up being a waste of my time, but I really learned a lot from going there.  Mainly, I learned that the CTSOs (including BPA, SkillsUSA, HOSA, DECA, etc.) are all struggling with the same things- trying to secure and maintain state funding.  And dealing with counselors to build an understanding of career and technical education.   Things to think about.

Oh yeah- my favorite moment of the day was when Jeff showed me his iPhone in the middle of the meeting, with the National FFA page up displaying this picture:
Don't ask me what he was doing surfing the web in the middle of the meeting... :)

Then he says, "This could be you.  No, this will  be you.  Think positive."  
Alright Jeff, I will. :)

Also- this is what I look like when I fly:
It has occurred to me that if I become a National Officer, I'll have to work on flying without looking like crap.

Better get to working on that speech- have a fantastic Tuesday!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment