Friday, May 21, 2010

My head is swimming...

What a day!  I woke up and starting helping my mom set up for her plant sale.  After we finished setting up, I went to ask my Grandpy what he was tinkering with and ended up talking to him for an hour and learning all about his dairy farm, how he cultivated the land, how a creek used to run through where the barn is now, and how his barn caught fire!  I learned so much about my ag background, and there's still so much to learn.  I came away with two realizations:
1) My Grandpy is a mechanical genius, and 2) I should have learned all this long ago!

The awesome didn't stop there though!  I came in for lunch, checked my e-mail and saw that Angela Mayfield commented on my last post- seriously, the comment is there, check it out!  I was so excited!

I just finished up a long and extensive meeting with Rayne where we really nailed down what I'm going to talk about at the Rotary meeting on Thursday.  Now I just have to write my speech.  And I put together my to-do list for next week.

It's incredible how draining those meetings can be.  I don't know why, but afterwards my head is just swimming with new ideas, so I want to get started on a new project and take a nap all at the same time.  This week should be a good one.  I've been getting overwhelmed with everything I have to do this summer, but hopefully my new organization system will help.

Tomorrow I'm running a 5k.  I have never done this before.  Wish me luck, I will need it!


I'm realizing this post is very boring.  I'm sorry. But check out what's not boring: the word tantalize!  I'm doing Word of the Days again, so this one is for today.  It's a verb that means to excite (another) by exposing something desirable while keeping it out of reach, as in: The cookies displayed in the cookie jar were tantalizing to Keith.


I don't think Keith reads this blog- so he can't be offended. :)
Mom, Natalie, and I might go see a movie tonight.  You should too, it's a Friday!  Have fun this weekend!
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. So I'm not sure where to comment...so I'll do it on both blogs :) I'm so glad you found me!! It'w been so very long since we've seen eachother. We only live like 1 1/2 hours away from eachother, we should so hang out

    ReplyDelete