Sunday, May 2, 2010

Happiness and Success, May's Goal

I heard a neat quote by Herman Caine today at a church fireside:
"Success is not the key to happiness, happiness is the key to success."
I love this idea.  If you are happy, than you will obtain success, If you are waiting for success to bring happiness, than you'll always be waiting for something and your attitude will be contingent on the things that go on in your life.

I guess this struck me particularly because I've always had a hard time having a good attitude.  Today as I was taking all my things down off the wall, I noticed my "good attitude" sign on the door.  I made it in February, it's a red arrow that says "I'm Thinking Up" on it.  Seeing it reminded me of how far I've come.  February's month goal was to have a good attitude, and I know that through hard work, reminders and help of loved ones, I've come a long way in maintaining a positive attitude.

Speaking of monthly goals, May is here, and that means something new to work on.  So, my new goal is to focus on my priorities, which are, as listed in the last post, my faith, my family, and running for National Office.

Have a nice day!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment