Saturday, July 17, 2010

What a Gorgeous Day

Hey everyone,
I had to work today (a Saturday) but I didn't mind at all.  I mostly just drove around and then when I wasn't driving I was visiting with farmers at five different farmers markets in the beautiful sunshine.   I am truly blessed to have this internship.

The day before yesterday I produced the "Fresher by Far" newsletter all by myself- start to finish.  A major part of that was interviewing and writing a profile on Bruce Bush of Bushes Bunches.  It was really cool to take a tour by Rhino of his farm and talk to him about its history.  He also had a lot to say about youth in agriculture and their importance, and, of course, rhubarb.

I need to clean the kitchen up a bit before I go hiking tonight (when you get a beautiful day in Alaska, you gotta enjoy it!) Maybe I'll read some out of a leadership book too.

Have a great rest of the weekend,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment