Monday, July 12, 2010

Cool Quotes Collection

Did you know I used to hate quotes?  I don't know why- now, I love them.  Here are a few great ones I've read recently, or had in files, that I haven't had an opportunity to share.  So here you go:
"The servant-leader is servant first...It begins with the natural feeling that one wants to serve, to serve first.  Then conscious choice brings one to aspire to lead." 
-Robert K. Greenleaf

"Leaders impress others when leaders succeed, leaders impact others when followers succeed." 
-John C. Maxwell 

"It is one of the most beautiful compensations of life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." 
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Life's most persistent and urgent question is: What are you doing for others?" 
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

"There is a loftier ambition than merely to stand high in the world.  It is to stoop down and lift mankind a little higher." 
-Henry Van Dyke

"Forgiveness is not an occasional act, it is a permanent attitude." 
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

"I do the very best i know how- the very best I can; and I mean to keep on doing so until the end." 
-Abraham Lincoln

"To be a leader means...having the opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of those who permit leaders to lead." 
-Max DePree 

"The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when someone asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer." 
-Henry David Thoreau

"Leadership is an art, something to be learned over time, not simply by reading books.  Leadership is more tribal than scientific, more a weaving of relationships than an amassing of information." 
-Max DePree 

Happy Monday, folks!
-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment