Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Inch By Inch

Hey everyone,
Last night was a late night, but not because I was working on my resume.  At least not consciously.  I got into bed at 11, but I didn't fall asleep until after 12:30, and I didn't sleep well after that.  I felt so nervous about the selection process!

Which is probably is a good indicator that I will be a nervous wreck come National Convention.  I don't like looking at the counter I put on this blog anymore.  I liked it when National Convention was 2 or 3 hundred days away- I felt like I had all the time in the world.  But now- 70 days!  How am I going to pull this off?  Can I really pull this off?

On one hand, I really have made a huge amount of progress since November.  I'm a totally different person now.  I am confident that I can present myself well to the nominating committee.

On the other hand...I have sooo much left to do!  I have to tackle those Hot Topics, I've got to do some serious research, I've got to read the dozens of books on my bookshelf, I've got to write more speeches, I've got to do some facilitation practice, I've got to study more for the written exam, I've got to meet with a make-up and beauty coach, I've got to get brand spanking new Official Dress...I'm swamped.  Everyday I study and I feel like I'm digging a hole- everytime I get a shovelfull of dirt out, more dirt falls in on top of me.  Ah!

I take solace in knowing this is how it's supposed to feel. (like being buried alive, I guess.)  I knew it would be this way when I started this craziness. And if I didn't feel overwhelmed, I wouldn't be working hard enough!

For tonight, let's be positive and look at what I have done.  First off= 300 hours!  I'm really proud of that and I'm glad I've been tracking my hours, so that I can celebrate these small milestones.  Now- how to celebrate it?  Would anyone who has yet to see Inception like to go with me?


Also, I really am almost finished with my application.  Which is fantastic, as I found out it actually isn't due until Tuesday (as opposed to Saturday, like I thought).  That doesn't mean I'm going to slack off, it just gives me some extra hours to perfect.  I'm close to perfection on my letter of application and my resume just needs some easy editing.  Phew! 


Plus, let's not forget my American Degree!  And all the public speaking I've done this summer!  And all the farmers I've interviewed (like Arthur Keyes today).  And the fact that everyone is so encouraging!


Enough pumping myself up- Version 9 is begging to be edited and I must comply.  I gave a speech at the LIONs club today.  I'll fill you in on how it went later.
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment