Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Check out Mark!

Hey guys,
I got an email at work today pointing me to this article.  It's about my friend and a member of my home FFA chapter, Mark Simon, and his nettle tea business.
Picture courtesy of The Frontiersman

There are two main reasons I love that this article was written.  1- It's always great to have FFA in the news and get our name out there, and 2- Mark deserves it!  His business is phenomenal.  I have seen this kid grow into an awesome person and I'm so proud of what he has done through FFA and in life.  His SAE is an aweosme example to the kids in our chapter who don't have developed SAEs yet. 

Mark says in the article that Derek and I introduced him to FFA, but that's all we did.  He then took off and did his SAE entirely by himself.  Still, sometimes when I feel like I haven't done anything big or grandios in my FFA career, I like to look back at the "lowly, nameless freshman" (his words, not mine!) that I invited to an event one day, and that has gone on to do such great things.

Congratulations, Mark.  You really are an incredible person.
PS- You should run for State Office next year, just saying. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment