Saturday, July 24, 2010

The secret to marathons...

...is to schedule your time like a total Nazi.  It's something I learned from "Brand You 50" (but maybe it's the only thing I've learned...my patience is wearing thin with that book).  Seriously, I've been forcing myself to work on a system since  I woke up- that I could only 'earn' break time from 'work.'  So for every half hour I work I earn 10 minutes of break, which I can use immediately or save up (to take a one hour and fifteen minute lunch break, say).

I've been working all day on creating the best letter of application in the world.  It's not there yet, but I may now have a good working copy of an idea that I want to edit and perfect.  It's been a long time (like, since November) coming.  And it feels good to make some really solid progress.  Now, just finalizing my resume and bugging my references, and my application is done!  I'm proud of the progress I've made so far, but hopefully I can do a few more hours still.  Then I'm off to see an improv show as a reward, I think. If I can get anyone to go with me. :)

Man, today is a good day.  I'm getting butterflies thinking about convention, because all of the sudden it seems very, very close.  But come October, I will be ready, 100%.  Bring it on!

Rachel

1 comment: