Saturday, October 16, 2010

Up, Up, and Away

I am sitting in the Salt Lake City Airport, getting ready to board a plane that will take me to an all new experience.

I am: frightened, nervous, excited, humbled, thrilled, bewildered, and wondering, where has the time gone?  I seriously cannot fathom that it is convention time already.  The whole last year has been replaying in my mind, and I'm trying to capture every minute: the semi-finals of Job Interview, Christmas in Alaska, the Denver Stock Show, going to Boston, making a video for State Convention, going home, Brittney's death, my job at the Division, leaving the Division, arriving in Logan, going to Minnesota, and now here.

I'm not so great at being calm- but I am working on it.  I feel confident that I have done as much as I possibly could have to prepare for the selection process.

I'm so grateful for all the texts, phone calls, Facebook messages, and emails that have come to me in the last few days.  They mean so much to me and have left me with wet eyes on many occasions.  I'm turning into such a sap.

Thank you all for everything. I am leaning on the Lord and I know He will provide.  I will have accomplished my goal if I perform the best that I can, and I just hope that it's enough.

I'm not sure if I will be blogging this week, but if I don't- I'll see you on the other side!
All my love,
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Rachel - It was so good to meet you last week. You are a talented young women with such presence. I am excited for your new adventures and what the future will hold. I hope you continue to write, you are very gifted! Know that you are here for a purpose. Sending lots of love - Angela Mayfield

    ReplyDelete