Saturday, March 6, 2010

Prodigious

Today's word is prodigious.  It means onerous, monstrous, difficult, or extraordinary in size.  As in: preparing to run for National FFA Office is a prodigious task.  Planning the Alaska State FFA Convention was a prodigious feat. 
I thought about "herculean."  That's a pretty cool word, but let's be serious...anyone who uses that word in an interview isn't being genuine, they're trying too hard.

I've studied tons today and last night.  I don't know why, I just got on a roll and it felt good so I kept going.  I want to thank everybody who is so supportive of me.  You guys are the greatest, I would never be able to attempt this without you guys believing in me.  Especially because of this scary statistic I encountered in the last isue of New Horizons magazine: only .000012% of FFA members ever become National Officers.  Pretty crazy right?  But I'm already Alaska's candidate, so I really have a 1/52 chance at this point...if Guam, the Virgin Islands, Hawaii, and all the other states bring candidates- which is pretty unlikely.

Have an awesome weekend,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment