Wednesday, March 3, 2010

National Support Ag Day, Cavemen, Salami, and Mavala STOP

I guess that's what day it is today...I didn't know that, although I guess I should have.  You're supposed to wear green...so when I found out I changed into a green FFA shirt.  And Levis and my brown cowboy boots.  Awesome.  So everybody think about where your food comes from.  Unless you live in a college dorm and eat manufactured plastic at the cafeteria like I do. :)

So let's talk about food for a second, while we're on the subject.  I read a really interesting article about the "caveman" or paleolithic diet.  Basically, you can only eat hunter-gatherer style, which means no processed foods, no dairy products, and no grains or legumes.  Is it healthier?  Some evidence says yes, but it's mostly unfounded.  Is it possible?  Not for me, I can't go without bread and pasta for very long, as a brief stint with the South Beach Diet proved.  Check out the article here.

If you can't go without carbs, try to go without salami, at least for a little while.  Daniele International is recalling 115,000 pounds of salami products because of a possible salmonella contamination.  Scary stuff.

Last for today- I have to start using Mavala STOP on my fingernails again.  I've been battling with a terrible habit (it's more of an addiction) of biting my nails, and I thought I had recovered, but I'm reverting.  So I'm going back to full-time use of Mavala STOP- you paint it on your fingernails and when they go anywhere near your mouth they taste so bad it makes you want to vomit.  Wish me luck.

Have a great week everybody!
Rachel

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on your adventures running for National Office! My best friend and state officer teammate, Alex Henry, is the current National FFA Eastern Region Vice-President and I know she wouldn't trade her experiences for anything :) Keep working hard and I'm sure it will pay off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda,
    I'm glad you found my blog! I'm sure Alex is doing an incredible job- I'm kind of out of the loop being in college and don't get as much contact with the National Officers as I used to. Thanks for the encouragement, I always need it!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the nail biting! I had been doing so good since October, and then last week I started trying to slip, so I may need to go back to Mavala again! Why is this such a hard habit to break?!@ PS- this is Lori

    ReplyDelete