Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rollin' Along

Hey guys,
Tomorrow I'm speaking at the South Anchorage Rotary, and I'm really excited about it.  I was able to take apart my last speech with Rayne's help and improve on the areas I was weak on last time.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Also, on Sunday, I had to give a talk at church.  I won't go too into detail, because this is not a religion blog, but it was a good experience to do some more public speaking in a totally different arena.  And I also talked a lot about learning to love others, which I mentioned before was my goal for June, so that helped me out a lot.  I used this quote (that I also used in my retiring address) by Stephen R. Covey that I absolutely love and thought I'd share with you:
“Love is something you do: the giving of self, the sacrifices you make, even for people who offend or do not love in return.  Love is a value that is actualized through loving actions.”
As for studying, things are going well.  My American Degree is done and in the mail- woot!  I also am getting a little better at interview questions with each meeting with Rayne, but I still have a ways to go.  I just ordered 6 new leadership books on Amazon.com.  I officially love that site for cheap books!  We'll see how I like them.  I'm just tearing through them reading a half-hour per day, and I finished the ones I had- so my study routine feels a little off-balance as I usually start by reading.  I only have 4 left on the Recommended Reading List from nationals, so I got a few that past national officer candidates recommended.  Anyone have any ideas for great autobiographies or biographies to read too?  I want to have plenty of leadership examples for answering interview questions.


Whew, where has the time gone?  I've got to run do some babysitting tonight, but I promise to blog some more soon.  In facilitation terms, here's a preview of what I'll be blogging about soon:
Three words that describe ME
How my LIFE is like a GIANT CABBAGE
What I see THROUGH MY WINDOW


Stay tuned...
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment